The Light

I was lost and felt I was alone
Like my mind, my self was not my home
I stood outside in my place in this world
Looked inside, saw a frightened little girl
Saw the moon that shines in the night
Asked her how will I ever find the light

And so I looked, I looked up to the sky
She did not tell, tho’ I kept on asking why
Held onto my heart in the deep of the night
I looked around but could not see the light

Then she said, ‘will you walk a while with me?
Open your eyes; I’ll shine the light to see
Stand beside me in my place in the sky
I will not tell, so do not ask me why’
Hold out your hand, I will take it willingly
Hold out your heart and I will set you free’

And so I walked, I walked up to the sky
She did not tell, so I did not ask why
Opened my heart in the deep of the night
Looked inside, saw a glimmer of a light

She said ’don’t fear, for fear will blind your sight
And do no harm and receive only what’s right
I’ll stand beside you in your place in this land
I will not tell but you will understand
I am the moon that shines in the night
And I am the sun, the bringer of the light’

And so I walked, I walked through this land
She did not tell, but now I understand
Held out my heart in the deep of the night
Looked inside and there I found the light.

No comments:

Post a Comment