Judgment Day

Well, it took me a while, took me a while to get here
But I’m not sorry the journey led me astray
And I have crossed many a raging river
And I have stumbled, faltered along the way
I did not always follow the easy path
And at times I walked in circles for days

So here I am, come look upon me
Yes I am your child, one of your very own
I may look different than you remember
But it is me and I have found my way home

No I did not always do exactly the right thing
I made mistakes time and time again
And I have caused many a hurt to others
But I always stayed to try to ease the pain
Once or twice I tried to push the river
And have cursed the sun, the dark and the rain

But here I am, come look upon me
Yes I am your child, one of your very own
I may look different than you remember
But I am yours and I have found my way home

No comments:

Post a Comment