All Crooked

I wish to paint my house burnt orange and purple
And paste sparkles and rainbows on the walls
I wish to wear flowers in my hair
And pink pyjama pants everywhere
I wish to laugh obnoxiously loud
And play with lego all day
I wish to eat off paper plates
And scatter glitter all over my floor
I wish to paint my face like a lion
And read comics under the covers with a torch
I wish to raise loud, precocious children
And feed them chocolate icecream for breakfast
I wish to travel to places where no one wants to go
And take boring photos that only I understand
I wish to do all this
And do it badly, all crooked and non-aesthetic
I wish to have people say
'oooo, what did ya do that for?'
And reply 'Dunno, but I sure didn't do it for you'
I wish to wallow in displeasing others
And just please myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment